Intially the Trust was formed with the generous and loving gifts of many family and friends at the time of Welles’ death. However, Welles’ friends have established annual fund-raising events in New York and Boston which have enabled the Trust to continue growing while bringing good into the community.
- Nyack, NY: The annual Nyack High School Varsity Ice Hockey Alumni Game is held in Welles’ memory as a fund-raiser. Contact: John Scott.
- Nyack, NY: The annual Nyack High School Men’s Lacrosse Alumni Game is held in the spring as a fund-raiser for the Crowther Trust. Contact: Eamon DePeter.
- Boston: Red Bandanna 5k Run at Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA: Please join us and other Red Bandanna Runners to run, walk or roll. Children, strollers welcome. Officially timed. Held on a Saturday morning in September or October each year. Website: www.bc.edu/redbandannarun. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boston: Welles’ Boston College roommates and friends organized our original fund-raiser at Who’s on First? in Fenway Park.
- New York: Annual Welles Remy Crowther Charitable Trust wine sampling events were held in 2007 and 2008 at Bayard’s, One Hanover Square. In 2009 the name was changed to “Raise a Cup” and the location to the Princeton Club. Currently the event is held annually in Nyack.